How to use Offline Gmail ?
With Gmail Offline, users can access their mail and compose new messages when they don’t have an Internet connection, or when their connection is unreliable or slow. When users reconnect, Gmail automatically sends any outbound messages. Note that the maximum sync period for data is 30 days.
Using the Gmail Offline Chrome app (recommended)
Gmail Offline capability is provided as a free Chrome web application.
Learn how to use the Gmail Offline Chrome app.
Offline Gmail for your domain
To turn on Offline Gmail:
From the Admin console Home page, go to AppsG SuiteGmailAdvanced settings.Tip: To see Advanced settings, scroll to the bottom of the Gmail page.
- Scroll down to the End User Access section, and check the Enable Gmail Offline for my users box.
- Click Save. (There may be a delay before the change takes effect.)
When you enable Offline Gmail, your users will see a new Offline tab in their Gmail settings.
Get your users started with Offline Gmail
Each user who wants to work offline must do the following to enable Offline Gmail:
- Click the Settings link in the top-right corner of Gmail.
- Click the Offline tab (available only if Offline is enabled for your domain).
- Select Enable Offline Mail for this computer.
- Click Save Changes and follow the directions from there.