How do I change who can add me as a friend on Facebook?
To change who can add you as a friend:
- Click from the top right of any Facebook page and click Settings
- Click Privacy in the left column
- Click Edit next to Who can send you friend requests?
- From the dropdown menu, click Everyone or Friends of Friends
To make it easier for your friends to find you on Facebook:
- Use the first and last name you use in everyday life
- If people know you by a different name (example: nickname, maiden name), add another name to your account