How to Memorialize or Remove a Dead person’s Profile on Facebook ?
It is so hard for us to survive when any one of our friends or family or loved ones passes away. We can never forget them in our life and their memories will continue till our last breath. Recently I’ve lost my friend in an accident. So I know that pain. I daily use to visit his profile to collect memories, to see his pictures. 🙁 But one thing I’ve noticed is, his profile was appearing in Suggestions for People You May Know, Birthday reminders, Apps, Sponsored stories etc in facebook. So I’ve personally investigated to what to do for his profile to not to appear in those type of suggestions, reminders, apps etc. So with that personal experience, I’m writing this post, How to Memorialize or Remove a Deceased Person’s Profile on Facebook.
How to Memorialise a Deceased Person’s Profile on Facebook:
- Click here and fill that form as per I shown in the below image
You should fill-up all the options in that form. When you finish, finally click ‘Send’ button.
- You should submit proof of death like link of an obituary news which we publish in news paper. For example, click here to get an idea about obituary news.
- You should submit email id which is connected to that particular facebook account.
Tip: If you don’t know the email id, try to submit his fb email id. example- email@example.com. But i’m not sure whether this tip works or not. Just try it if you don’t know the email id.
If you don’t have proof of death like link of an obituary news to memorialize an account, you can submit death certificate, the deceased person’s birth certificate, or proof of authority by clicking here. In this form, you have to select the option ‘Please memorialize this account’ under the question ‘How can we help you?’.
How to Remove a Deceased Person’s Profile on Facebook:
- Click here and fill that form as per I shown in the below image,
3. Select the option ‘Please remove this account’ under the question ‘How can we help you?’. You should fill-up all the options in that form and finally click ‘Send’.