How to Unzip Files with a Double Click in Windows
Follow the below steps;
– Create a Folder: To make this easy create a folder c:\unzip. This is where we will copy all the required files.
– Install 7-Zip: Download and install 7-Zip .
– Set Environment variable:
From the Desktop, right-click the very bottom left corner of the screen to get the Power User Task Menu or right click on My Computer, then click System .
Click the Advanced System Settings link in the left column.
In the System Properties window, click on the Advanced tab, then click the Environment Variables button near the bottom of that tab.
In the Environment Variables window, highlight the Path variable in the “System variables” section and click the Edit button. Add the path lines with the following path.
NOTE: Multiple paths are separated by ;
– Creating unzip.bat
– Open Notepad and paste the following code:
1. 7z x *.zip
2. del C:\unzip\*.zip
– Save the file with .bat in c:\unzip
– Now just place the files you want to unzip in c:\unzip and double click on unzip.bat.
– It will unzip the files and delete all .zip files.